The transfer of a corpse to Hungary requires a consular permit, which can be issued at the consulate. To transport an urn with the ashes of a deceased, you do not need a consular permit, but a declaration of receipt from the cemetery in Hungary.


To apply, please contact the consular department by e-mail ( Please make an appointment for Certificate for repatriation of deceased online:


The following documents are required:

Declaration of a Hungarian cemetery about the reception of the corpse.

Certificate of transport and performer (registration number of the transfer vehicle, name of the driver, border crossing points)

Medical death certificate

Death certificate from Switzerland


ImportantThe death of a Hungarian citizen abroad must be subsequently recorded in Hungary.