We kindly ask our Clients to contact the Consulate in Bern regarding your applications
and questions between 26 July and 9 August 2021 due to summer holiday.
Consulate of Hungary in Geneva
Cantons of Geneva, Vaud and Wallis
The consulate offers the following services:
- protection of interests of Hungarian citizens
- legalisation of signatures copy and translation
- provisional private passport (We kindly ask our Clients - until further notice- to bring a color, passport sized 3,5 x 4,5 cm photo meeting the ICAO specifications)
- civil status certificate
- request for extract of civil status certificate
- certificate of no criminal record
- registration and activation of governmental client gate
You can pay exclusively by debit/credit card (with the exception of Post Finance) during the administration.
Address and contact:
Address: Rue du Grand-Pré 66. (6th floor), CH-1202 Geneva
Please note that consular services are available by appointment (telephone/e-mail) only.
-in person (by appointment only): Tuesday, Thursday 09:00-12:00; Wednesday 14:00-16:00
-by telephone: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 14:00-16:00; Wednesday, Friday 09:00-12:00
Mandatory use of face mask during the administration.
In case of delay you might be asked to book a new appointment and come back later.
We are only able to let the person in who is directly involved in the administration (an adult can accompany a minor).
Please use the hand sanitizer.
The consulate remains closed on the following holidays (as in Hungary and in Geneva Canton):
- 1 January – New Year’s Day
- 15 March – Memorial Day of the 1848/1849 Revolution and Freedom Fight)
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- 1 Mai – May Day
- Ascension Day
- Whit Monday
- 1 August – Swiss National Day
- 20 August – Hungarian National Day
- Jeûne genevois
- 23 October – Memorial day of the 1956 Revolution and Freedom Fight
- 1 November – All Saints Day
- 25 December – Christmas I.
- 26 December – Christmas II.