Before contacting us, please inform yourself about the services on the website of the consular department (https://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/ugyintezes-konzulnal). We can only respond to your request if it concerns a specific problem that can not be found on our website and if the responsibility of the consular department insists. Due to the very large number of requests, we prefer to receive your request by e-mail (email@example.com). Please contact us by phone (+41 31 371 13 55, +41 31 371 13 56) only in case your request is particularly urgent. If a technical malfunction occurs while using the appointment booking system, please contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For most services you have to make an appointment. You can only book via our online appointment system:
Instructions for using the appointment booking system:
- If there is no available appointment in the system, you can not schedule an earlier one neither by e-mail nor by telephone.
- Once you are in the appointment system, please choose the main service (e.g. if you need a translation attestation to certify the birth, please select the notarization). If you aquire a passport and a birth certificate at the same time, please choose the passport.) If you have multiple, unrelated requests (e.g. identity card, passport), please make an appointment for each one.
- The name should contain the name of the client.
- The application can only be accepted in case the clients are on time and the application forms are completely filled out. Because of the short switch hours, there is no way to fill out the forms locally. Clients, who have a significant delay or their application forms are not completed, should make a new appointment.
- Before entering the office of the Consular Section, it is mandatory to sanitize hands. In the office of the Consular Section, it is mandatory to wear your own mask and to keep 2 meters distance from other persons. (We cannot provide masks to clients. We do provide hand sanitizer.)
Please do not contact the consular department for appointments only if the given request is not one of the requests in our booking system (e.g. visa/residence permit for the stay in Hungary, protection of interests, provisional passport, transfer of a deceased person to Hungary). Due to the high number of inquiries by phone, we prefer to receive these inquiries by e-mail (email@example.com).
The certification of birth, marriage and death are complex processes, therefore the waiting time is more than the other services. We kindly ask you to make an appointment several months before the planned event.
Thanks for your patience.
We kindly ask our dear Clients - until further notice- to bring a 1 color, passport sized 3,5 x 4,5 cm photo with, which meets the ICAO specifications in every case you apply for a passport or ID card (e-SZIG).
Please note that only administration is possible in the premises of the Consular Office. Due to safety regulations, no customer toilet and diaper changing room is available.
In person (by appointment only): 9:00 – 12:00 Tuesday to Thursday; via our online appointment system.
14:00 - 16:00: Monday to Wednesday
15:00 - 16:00: on Thursday
8:30 - 12:00: on Friday
We kindly ask our Dear Clients, (with regard to the coronavirus) not to wait in front of our office (but preferable outside the building), to appear only (on time) for your appointment and ring the bell.
Thank you for your understanding and your contribution.
The Consular Section remains closed on the following holidays: (as in Hungary and in Bern Canton)
- 1 January (New Year’s Day)
- 2 January (Berchtold’s Day)
- 15 March (Memorial Day of the 1848/1849 Revolution and Freedom Fight)
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- 1 Mai May Day
- Whit Monday
- Pentecost Monday
- 1 August (Swiss National Day)
- 20 August (Hungarian National Day)
- 23 October (Memorial day of the 1956 Revolution and Freedom Fight)
- 1 November (All Saints Day)
- 25 December (Christmas)
- 26 December (2nd Day of Christmas)